Slow Like Honey »

Masthead header

Bright lights, big city…

First off, I want to say thank you to each and everyone out there who left such sweet comments and sent me lovely emails. You have no idea how much I appreciated it. Sometimes I forget that people actually read this thing (hi mom!) so when I get feedback, it is like a splash of cold water on the face.

Now, on to the other stuff. I’ve unpacked my suitcases, set up my room, and bought groceries. After feeling like a tourist the first couple of days, I finally feel like I belong here. I know my way around my neighborhood and have gotten used to the subway systems. Once you get those items out of the way, you really start to feel like this is home. Well, not  home. My home will always be the wonderfully beautiful and bright California. The deep blue ocean, the lush green trees, the luminous sun. I love New York but California will always have my heart. However, New York comes in at a close second.

I have taken so many pictures in this past week and I’m pretty sure I will keep taking hundreds each day. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t see something that makes me smile or even pause. This city holds my attention and for now, it feels like a good fit.

Plus, I should mention that I’ve come across a great job opportunity. I start in a couple of weeks and to say I’m excited would be an understatement. I literally can’t believe my luck but this job is a perfect fit. Do you ever feel like some things were meant to happen? I feel like my trip to NYC was predestined, just meant to be. I can’t explain it but everything seems to be falling in to place and I am thanking my lucky stars.

I promise to be back soon later this week and fill you in on my first week of school. I can’t believe I am back in school! It seems unreal… But I’m ready to get work and really push myself again. What can I say, I love challenges!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
August 29, 2010 - 8:43 am

Rose D. NJ, USA - Congratulations and best wishes to you!!! NYC is perfect this time of year, enjoy it!!

August 29, 2010 - 3:40 pm

Maddie - Show the Empire State who’s boss, Amanda!

August 29, 2010 - 7:54 pm

Jaime Rodríguez - Wishing you the best in New York City! Please post more photos!

August 29, 2010 - 11:06 pm

Lindsay_NYC - Everything you just said is exactly how I feel about Beirut! I am so happy to be here! Last summer I wanted to be here so badly and somehow it all worked out with me getting the perfect job here. I feel SO lucky! How interesting that we are both having this experience at the same time! I am so excited to see New York all over again from your perspective as a newcomer. Enjoy!

August 30, 2010 - 6:00 am

Amanda - I know! I just wish we were on the same continent. Oh well, this will be much more interesting. You can fill me in on everything you experience in Beirut and I will spill about my time in NYC. Then we will have to meet up sometime!

August 30, 2010 - 6:00 am

Amanda - haha thanks Maddie!

August 30, 2010 - 8:04 am

sarah Reilly - great pics! let me know if you ever need recommendation and help in NYC! it’s a great city and you will enjoy it tremendously;)

August 31, 2010 - 4:43 am

adoptmepaula - You sounds like you’re in wonderland, and its so great to see and hear! It’s inspiring. Thank you for sharing. Can’t wait for more !

August 31, 2010 - 5:45 pm

whitneyinchicago - Loving your NYC pics and congrats on the job! I just had a feeling you were meant to take the step to NYC!

September 1, 2010 - 4:47 am

Amanda - thanks Whitney!

September 1, 2010 - 12:38 pm

Robin - Oh, Amanda! This is such great news. I can’t believe this summer has gone by this quickly… I was just yesterday thinking about how you’d be here soon and wham you’re already here! Let’s make plans to meet up soon! Maybe I can get myself into the city next week before the wedding. Shot me an email with your schedule. Squee! :D

September 2, 2010 - 1:12 am

vic - I am so supeeerrr jealous. I would give my right arm to live in new york. I can’t wait to see more photos.

PS. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always get too excited when people whose blogs I admire comment on mine!!

September 2, 2010 - 4:56 am

Amanda - aww you are so sweet! I love your blog and enjoy your pictures :)

September 2, 2010 - 4:57 am

Amanda - yay! I can’t wait to meet up with you! I will definitely emil you so we can plan a night for drinks and dinner.

September 6, 2010 - 1:26 pm

Felicia Sullivan - Welcome, sweet girl! I can’t wait to have our baking date.

September 6, 2010 - 1:28 pm

Amanda - Thanks Felicia! I’m looking forward to meeting up :)

September 6, 2010 - 11:49 pm

boogie. - wow… such inspiring words. it seems the you and the universe are aligned! i’m also thrilled that a person living in new york is choosing to showcase what a beautiful & energetic city it is. your photographs emphasize the city! can’t wait to see what new york brings you! best of luck!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *