Keto or ketogenic diet is a type of diet that is low in carbs, has a high-fat diet that would offer the users many health benefits. There are well over 20 studies that show that you lose a lot of weight and end up healthier. They state that this diet would have benefits over diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and epilepsy. For this, you need to take Keto supplements. It is so efficient and smart. It involves reducing the carbohydrates intake drastically and replacing all that with fat. What the does is it puts the body into a metabolic state called ketosis. Your body is then turned into a fat burning machine. It becomes very efficient in burning fat. Fat gets turned into ketones in the liver which gets supplied to the brain for energy improving all your brain activities. Insulin levels and sugar levels are reduced dramatically because of this diet.
There are different types of ketogenic diets
- SKD (Standard ketogenic diet): it is a high-fat diet, with low carbs and moderate protein. It contains 20 percent of protein 75 percent fat and 5 percent of carbs
- CKD (cyclical ketogenic diet): in this diets, there will be a higher amount of the days (five) where you will be required to have higher carb refeeds followed by two high carb days
- TKD (targeted ketogenic diet): in this diet, you are allowed to have carbs when you work out.
- The ketogenic diet of high protein: there are many similarities to a standard ketogenic diet .it includes more protein. The percentages are, 60 percent fat and 35 percent
These diets (high protein and standard) have been studied extensively. Only the cyclical and targeted ketogenic diets are way advanced and are used only by bodybuilders and athletes.
A ketogenic is so efficient that you will lose much more weight than a low-fat diet without you struggling to be hungry
The ketogenic diet can have a boost in insulin levels of sensitivity which will lead to fat loss leading to amazing health benefits for people who have type two of diabetes or prediabetes
People are also treated for neurological diseases with keto diets.
These are some of the wide variety of health benefits people have with this diet.
- Heart risks: these diets greatly reduce heart risks and reduce cholesterol, sugar and blood pressure
- Cancer: they are used to treat several types of cancer and tumor growth
- Epilepsy: this diet reduces seizure for children who have epilepsy massively.
- Parkinson disease: this diet decreases all the symptoms that come out of Parkinson’s disease.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: the diet helps in reducing insulin levels and may have a great impact on polycystic ovary syndrome
- Brain injuries: an animal study was conducted, and it showed that it could also help in concussions and recovery of brain injury